Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Why I Started Blogging

Many of you may be wondering why I started a blog in the first place.  For starters, I have a serious Pinterest addiction. (for those of you who don't know what Pinterest is, it is a magical website full of everything you could ever want to buy / know how to do!) Pinterest is full of bloggers; mommy bloggers, fitness bloggers, food bloggers, fashion bloggers, etc.  Like for real, there is an abundance of blogs all telling you how to work out, how to cook the best food, how to look fantastic in 5 minutes, how to totally revamp your wardrobe with only a sewing machine and Goodwill coupons, how to clean your house more efficiently, how to make "all natural" products, you name it, there is probably a blog about it.  Now, you have to understand, I am not condemning these blogs. In fact, I read most of them daily. But they got me thinking. Here I am, a senior in high school, sitting around reading mommy blogs all day. Why? Why not read a blog about someone my own age? Or better yet, write a blog for other people to read; something people can relate to? So I made one. Taadaa! Now you can read a blog about the average high school student. (okay not average..I realize that I am way weirder than the average high schooler) Perhaps you can relate to it. Maybe a mom trying to reconnect with her daughter can read my blog and gain a better understanding of what her kid is going through. Maybe someone will read this blog and realize that they are not alone in their struggles. Or maybe, people will read it and laugh. (at least it made them happy, even if at my expense!) So I encourage you to laugh away at my awkward life. Share this blog with those close to you and together the world will become a more understanding and magical place :) (like I said, sarcasm is my specialty) Anyway, I think the main I started a blog is because writing helps me organize my head and form coherent thoughts.  Because I am so awkward in person, writing allows me to express myself better. I've never been able to keep a journal but blogging is different somehow. I guess because it feels like giving advice or sharing my life story with a friend, instead of whining in a book no one will ever read. Hey, maybe no one will ever read my blog, but at least it is out there. Someone could find it and it could help them.  So that is why I am beginning the great adventure of blogging! Until next time internet...

P.S. Sorry for the sub-par blog name, all the good ones were taken :)

No comments:

Post a Comment